Parler has removed a violent comment about Mike Pence by pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood
- Parler, the "free speech" social network, removed a post by
Lin Wood, in which the pro-Trump lawyer made violent remarks about Vice President Mike Pence.
- "Get the firing squads ready. Pence goes FIRST," wrote Wood, according to Mediate. Wood claimed it was not a threat.
- The message, along with a few others, violated
Parler's terms of service, and was removed, CEO John Matzetold Mediate on Saturday.
Parler, the "free speech" social network, reportedly removed a post by Lin Wood, in which the pro-Trump lawyer threatened violence against Vice President Mike Pence.
"Get the firing squads ready. Pence goes FIRST," wrote Wood, according to Mediate.The message, along with a few others, violated Parler's terms of service, and was removed, CEO John Matze told Mediate on Saturday.
Wood was not among Pence's supporters. The lawyer, who has faced calls to be disbarred in Michigan, last week had his Twitter account suspended for violent threats. Once he was removed from that network, his posting on Parler increased.Wood's posts were removed by midday Friday, according to Mediate. On Saturday, Wood wrote: "I made NO threat. I do not believe in violence. I do believe in the rule of law... If my information is accurate, law enforcement will address what punishment, if any, should be administered to Pence as they do will all criminals."
Parler reportedly removed several of Wood's posts. In another, Wood had claimed a woman killed during the Capitol riot was not actually dead.
Giuliani had called for a "trial by combat" before the riots.
On Saturday, Brad Parscale, Trump's former campaign manager, urged Parler to file an anti-trust lawsuit against either Apple or Google. "Silencing this movement is illegal," Parscale wrote on Parler.Matze on Saturday accused Apple and Google of bias against his network, because similar anti-Pence posts had been trending on
- SBI, Airtel, Adani Enterprises, TCS and other top stocks to watch out for on August 4
- Krsnaa Diagnostics IPO opens—here is all you need to know
- These are some of the highest paid founders of Indian startups tapping capital markets this year
- Exxaro Tiles IPO opens today—here’s how to apply for IPO, check allotment status, listing date and more
- Devyani International IPO: Here’s how to apply via banks and apps like Zerodha, Upstox