Police issue an arrest warrant for a YouTuber who got into SpaceX's Texas launch site and filmed the Starship rocket
- Police have issued an arrest warrant for a YouTuber who got into a SpaceX facility in South Texas.
- Caesar L. Galaviz filmed himself walking around the SpaceX launch site and near a Starship rocket.
- The sheriff of Cameron County said an arrest warrant has been issued for Galaviz.
Police are looking for a YouTube creator who entered SpaceX's launch site in South Texas and filmed close-up videos of SpaceX's SN11 Starship rocket.
In late March, Caesar L. Galaviz got into the Boca Chica base of Elon Musk's aerospace company without any security stopping him. He filmed himself wandering around the launch site and walking underneath the 16-story prototype Starship. He then uploaded the video to his YouTube channel, Loco VlogS.
Sheriff Eric Garza of Cameron County tweeted on Monday that police had issued an arrest warrant for Galaviz "for intentionally going onto the SpaceX property without their consent."
Garza said Galaviz's last known location was Conroe, Texas.
-Sheriff Eric Garza (@SheriffGarza) May 10, 2021
Galaviz recorded videos with the Starship prototype days before it burst into flames when landing during a test flight. The rocket was on stilts, so Galaviz couldn't have touched it.
This was the fourth Starship rocket to explode - but SpaceX's most recent Starship test, on May 5, was successful.
Galaviz later deleted the video, which got five likes and 100 dislikes, but another YouTube account reuploaded the recording on March 31.
Galaviz posted an apology video on April 1 and said his actions were "wrong" and "illegal."
"In my eyes, in that time of moment, I didn't really think about that," he said.
Galaviz told Insider in April that he entered the premises because he thought it would make a good video for his YouTube subscribers. "I hope that the SpaceX community can forgive me for my actions," he said.
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Amazon Convertible Fest sale – Best deals on convertible ACs and refrigerators
- Govt intervention critical to remove green financing barriers, IPCC report stresses as we move towards 3.5°C warming
- BYJU's set to raise $250 million, at a lower valuation
- Piramal Realty inks deal with Jio-bp to install EV charging stations at its properties
- Sensex halts 2-day gaining streak, falls 290 pts to close below 58K