Robinhood was hit with trading issues on Thursday
Robinhood, the free stock-trading platform, experienced trading issues Thursday.
The company said it was investigating problems with trading stocks, cryptocurrencies, and options contracts, as well as bank transfers. Within an hour, the problems were resolved.
- "This morning, customers may have experienced issues with some of our services. We've resolved the issue and our services, including trading, are now fully operational," the company told Business Insider.
The app has become wildly popular in recent months with many people working from home while
marketssee record volatility. A lack of sports betting thanks to the coronavirus may also have helped fuel some recent popularity.
Earlier in the pandemic, Robinhood experienced similar issues multiple times causing some traders to miss out on stock rallies.
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 5.97 times on day 2
- Recent IPO successes could lead to recovery in the primary market: E&Y
- Capex cycle to touch ₹21 lakh crore in FY23, but there's a catch