Roblox wants to bring older age groups to its online gaming platform
- The company has a goal to appeal to age groups ranging between six and 60 years old.
- The company has been successful with children under the age of 13 years old.
- The company hopes older users will then invite their friends to the platform.
The company, which allows users to easily develop and play video games, said on Friday during its investor day that it has a goal of appealing to a wide age range -- six to 60 years old."We have tremendous success reaching the 13 and under audience, our goal however is to create a platform and brand that appeals to all ages," Chief Business Officer at Roblox, Craig Donato, said during the investor day presentation.
Donato said the company expects that older users will invite friends of their own age.Roblox is also expanding its demographic reach by enabling deeply immersive experiences through dynamic simulation, faster loading, and unique rendering, according to Donato.
Insider previously reported. In a case that lacked moderation, a group of players simulated an assault on a 7-year-old's character in a game on Roblox. The company now offers security features that parents can use to restrict chats or the type of games children play.
On Monday, the video game platform said that it plans to go public via a direct listing in March on the New York Stock Exchange and will issue 198.9 million shares, according to a company filing it submitted to the SEC.
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC