Samsung created an invisible keyboard that uses AI to track your finger movements
- SelfieType is a new software that will use your phone, laptop, or tablet camera to create a virtual keyboard that tracks your movement.
- SelfieType is a product of Samsung's C-Lab, a special incubation program that supports creative developers at Samsung and emerging startups in South Korea.
- Samsung will demonstrate SelfieType and dozens more new products during CES 2020, the annual tech festival held in Las Vegas.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Samsung has offered a look a few upcoming projects from its incubation program C-Lab, including an AI software that helps you create a virtual keyboard on an empty surface. The Verge shared a video of SelfieType in action.
SelfieType uses the front-facing camera on a smartphone, tablet or laptop to track the movements of your fingers and transfer them into the standard QWERTY keyboard layout. The SelfieType software won't require any additional equipment and if it's consistent enough, SelfieType could be a solid alternative to carrying around a full laptop or portable keyboard when working on the go.
Having a full keyboard feels essential for my workflow, but I've often found Bluetooth keyboards either too small to use comfortably, or too cumbersome to travel with. A software like SelfieType could help solve this problem and would acquire no advance planning from its users.
Samsung is offering live demonstrations of SelfieType and tons of other upcoming products during CES, the annual festival where tech companies show off their latest gadgets and innovations. SelfieType is one of nine C-Lab projects Samsung is showing off during CES, Samsung says that 40 C-Lab projects have gone on to become independent start-ups.
- A guide to choose the Healthiest Cooking Oil
- Sensex drops 195 pts; snaps 4-day winning run on losses in IT, FMCG shares
- Best pilgrimage destinations to visit in India
- After eliminating extreme poverty, India now eligible to move to a higher poverty line: report
- Stock market closes on negative note as Sensex ends winning streak