Self-proclaimed crypto skeptic Max Levchin says Affirm may have to consider cryptocurrencies if Bitcoin's popularity continues to grow
- Crypto skeptic Max Levchin says
Affirmmay have to consider cryptocurrencies as a payment option as Bitcoinsoars to all-time highs.
- Fintechs and incumbents alike, including Mastercard, Visa, and PayPal, are leaning into crypto.
- "I think at some point, skeptic or not, you have to listen to the market," Levchin said in an earnings-day interview with CNBC.
It seems everyone in
"If it becomes a meaningful exchange that folks want to actually use to buy their Pelotons and their sporting goods, we will have to consider it," Levchin said.On Friday, Affirm reported its first public quarterly earnings since its IPO in January. It reported revenue growth of 57% and total sales volume increase of 55%, year-over-year. Though the fintech is still unprofitable, reporting a net loss of $31.6 million in its second fiscal quarter ending December 31st.
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech to buy Pune-based digital engineering firm CueLogic
- Canadian edtech unicorn ApplyBoard to 'step up' growth in India, raises $300 million in external investment
- Best 43-inch smart LED TVs for small and medium sized rooms
- Moderna's protein-based Covid jab and mRNA vaccine safe for use in children, says university study
- Twitter may now directly be held responsible for every single tweet in India