Sellers on eBay are trying to auction off Silicon Valley Bank-branded merch, including a cardboard box for $201 and a wine cooler for $42
- Items featuring the Silicon Valley Bank logo were put up for auction on eBay over the weekend.
- They include a cardboard box for $201 and a wine tumbler for $42, per the listings.
Some eBay sellers have put merchandise branded with the Silicon Valley Bank logo up for auction after the bank collapsed last week.
SVB, a trusted bank of tech startups and VCs, was closed down by regulators on Friday. The closure came after some startup founders started pulling their money out of the bank after its stock price plummeted 60% on Thursday.
The items listed on eBay included a blue cardboard box with SVB's logo displayed on the front, which was priced at $201 at time of publication. It was listed on eBay on Saturday and the site showed there were five days left until the auction for the box closed.
In the description, the seller wrote the box was "received after getting offer letter one month before the bank blew up." They said it was "limited edition" and asked for people to bid because they needed to pay their rent this month.
Another seller tried to auction off a wine tumbler featuring SVB's logo on Sunday. Bids for the white and blue tumbler had already reached $42 at time of writing, and had four days left until the auction closed.
The seller wrote in the description on eBay that the tumbler came "as part of a 'swag bag' from a holiday party sponsored by SVB in 2020." They added there was a crack in the plastic lid and a few marks around the cup.
At time of writing, a gray SVB-branded hat and black tumbler were listed for $19 altogether. The seller said in the description they were "two pieces of genuine Silicon Valley Bank corporate swag."
All three sellers said on eBay they didn't accept returns for the items.
There were also several SVB-branded T-shirts and hats listed for sale on eBay for around $20.
SVB didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
The California bank has become the largest US bank to collapse since the 2008 financial crisis, when Washington Mutual Bank failed, as Insider previously reported.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala