Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset seems to have surpassed Apple’s A15 Bionic in early benchmarks — but it’s too early to say
- Qualcomm's latest chipset,
Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, launched on November 30.
- Early benchmarks suggest the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 to be as powerful as
Apple's A15 Bionicchip.
- Let's take a look at how each chipset performs against each other in terms of GPU and CPU.
Comparing the GPU performances of Apple’s A15 Bionic with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, which is slated to be seen on flagship Android phones, tipster IceUniverse shared alleged benchmark results and they look surprisingly competitive.
Do you believe it now? The GPU of Snapdragon 8 Gen1 is enough to compete with the A15. https://t.co/5NYfXDMx4C— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) 1638937000000
GPU Performance: Apple A15 Bionic vs Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
According to the screenshots shared by IceUniverse in a tweet, the two chipsets were have similar scores in the GFXBench T Rex offscreen test, while, in the Manhattan offscreen ES 3.0 test, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset scored 24% higher score than Apple's A15 Bionic. But Apple's chipset won the battle in the 3DMark WildLife Unlimited and scored 12% better than its Qualcomm counterpart.
While these are just early benchmark results, it would be the first time that Snapdragon’s flagship chipsets come close to competing with Apple’s silicon. Further tests and real-life performance will reveal more about the GPU performances.
CPU Performance: Apple A15 Bionic vs Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 vs Exynos 2100
Now moving to the CPU performance, the latest Qualcomm 8 Gen 1 chipset was compared with Samsung’s
The chipsets were not compared with Google’s Tensor chipset which had an edge over Snapdragon 888’s GPU performance. According to Qualcomm, both the CPU and GPU performance have seen a significant jump in the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset.
While it is early to say, these tests also help us ascertain the most powerful chipset available. For now, it is still Apple’s A15 Bionic but the fog around the final results will scatter only when the first phone running the new Snapdragon chip will debut in the market.
Why your Spotify app keeps crashing, and 7 ways to fix it
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and Jeff Bezos' bald bromance was on full display at the People's Choice Awards
Popular on BI
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- OPINION: Tax consolidation schemes need of the hour for India’s renewable energy sector
- Brands celebrate Republic Day with patriotic fervour
- Air India's new policy on pre-flight weight checks is not going well with its staff
- Anand Mahindra responds after farmer's humiliation at SUV showroom
- MakeMyTrip has a new CEO as founder Deep Kalra moves into chief mentor role