Some customers who ordered a PlayStation 5 for UK release day claim Amazon shipped them random items instead, including a foot massager and pet food
- Some Amazon UK customers claimed they had their PlayStation 5 pre-orders marked as delivered on Thursday, the console's UK launch day — despite their consoles never arriving.
- Some claimed that they instead received other random products they had never ordered, including a coffee machine, foot massager, and cat food.
- An Amazon spokesperson apologized for the mistake, and encouraged anyone affected to contact its customer services team.
- Sony's PS5 console has proved near-impossible to order in both the UK and the US, where eager fans have repeatedly crashed Walmart's website.
Some customers who pre-ordered Sony's new PlayStation 5 from Amazon UK claimed that their new consoles didn't arrive on Thursday, despite the platform marking them as delivered.
Some of those buyers said their PS5 had seemingly been substituted products they had never ordered, including a coffee machine, a foot massager, and cat food.Freelance journalist Bex April May tweeted that Amazon had marked her PS5 order as "missed" at around noon Thursday, but no attempt at delivery had been made.
—Bex April May (@bexlectric) November 19, 2020
After May posted about her experiences, several other Twitter and Reddit users came forward with similar claims.Multiple people said Amazon marked their PS5 orders as "delivered" without this actually being the case.
One Twitter user claimed that an Amazon order did arrive – but he opened the PS5 box to find it was empty. He said that Amazon hadn't helped him and didn't offer to replace the console.Others claimed to have had similar experiences to May with unexpected products turning up instead. The received items ranged from a coffee machine to a foot massager to cat food in place of the PS5.Amazon posted the following tweet in response to the user who said they received cat food.
—Amazon Help (@AmazonHelp) November 19, 2020
One customer explained that after informing them of the fake delivery, Amazon told them to wait for 48 hours, after which the platform would either refund the customer or ship them a new one.
Another user claimed to have had a similar experience after the Xbox series X was released last week. Eight hours after Amazon said it had delivered their new console, the user said they got a package containing bedsheets.
"We're all about making our customers happy, and that hasn't happened for a small proportion of these orders," an Amazon spokesperson told Business Insider. "We're really sorry about that and are investigating exactly what's happened."Amazon is reaching out to every customer who's had a problem so it can fix the problems, it added, and encouraged anyone who has had an issue to contact its customer services team.
- PM to visit 3 vaccine centres in Ahmedabad, Pune & Hyderabad on Sat (Ld)
- India's GDP shrunk 7.5% in July-September — markets had feared much worse
- Oppo ColorOS 11 review — faster, lighter, better, but is it enough?
- Authorities will submit report on coal pollution in 10 days: CM
- 83% of the workforce in India still nervous about returning to the office without COVID-19 vaccine, Atlassian survey reveals