Sony announced PlayStation Plus relaunch clubbed with three-tiered plans in June — here’s how much it’ll cost
PlayStation Plussubscription will give access to 740 games to users.
- A subscription will cost around Rs 755 per month.
- PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now will be clubbed together.
It will give access to a refreshed library of games to users across membership tiers globally. The all-new subscription plan will have three tiers to choose from- PlayStation Plus Extra, PlayStation Plus Essential, and PlayStation Plus Premium.
With the PlayStation Plus Extra and PlayStation Plus Premium, Sony is focusing to ensure that its users get access to the best games like Marvel’s Spider-Man, Death Stranding, God of War, Mortal Kombat 11, and Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and Returnal. Sony also said that they are closely working with third-party partners and imaginative developers from PlayStation Studios to include some of the best gaming content that will be refreshed regularly.
At the launch, Sony also talked about some other changes, PlayStation Now will be clubbed into new PlayStation Plus which means there will be no standalone service. In addition, Sony says that PlayStation Now subscribers can migrate to PlayStation Plus Premium without paying any extra subscription fees. The initial launch of PlayStation Plus will be in the Asian market followed by North America, Europe, and the rest of the world
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
PlayStation Plus Essential benefits
This will be the basic PlayStation Plus subscription service that Sony offers today. It will include exclusive discounts, two monthly downloadable games, cloud storage for game data, and online multiplayer access.
United States: $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
Europe: €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
United Kingdom: £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly
Japan: ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly
PlayStation Plus Extra benefits
AdvertisementIn this subscription plan, Sony will offer a catalogue of up to 400
United States: $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
Europe: €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
United Kingdom: £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly
Japan: ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly
AdvertisementPlayStation Plus Premium benefits
This will be a top-tier subscription plan from Sony. It will include all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers including 340 games, PS3 games, and even users will get access to classic titles from the original PlayStation.
United States: $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
Europe: €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
United Kingdom: £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly
Japan: ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
How to breed horses and mules in Minecraft to start your own farm
10 Things in Tech: Apple cuts production
Popular on BI
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- These midcap stocks can be the next multibaggers, according to Goldman Sachs
- Auto and BFSI seen driving India Inc’s earnings growth this financial year
- Indian and Chinese households top the global food wastage list
- Adani-Hindenburg saga timeline: The trouble, the fall and the turnaround
- Buying car insurance online? Here is how to crack a good deal