Sony has announced that half of its game releases will be on PC and mobile by 2025
- Sony’s president,
Jim Ryan, made a bunch of announcements during investor day. Sonyaims at significant growth with the launch of PC and mobile games.
- Horizon Zero Dawn,
Days Gone, and God of War are already available on PC.
AdvertisementJapanese tech giant Sony has announced that half of its game releases will be on PC and mobile by 2025.
A chart shown during the presentation, on annual investor day, suggested that this would be a major increase from its releases this year, when around a quarter of the company's releases will be on PC and mobile, with the remainder split between its PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles, reports The Verge.
"By expanding to PC and mobile, and it must be said... also to live services, we have the opportunity to move from a situation of being present in a very narrow segment of the overall gaming software market, to being present pretty much everywhere," Sony Interactive Entertainment President Jim Ryan was quoted as saying by
Ryan also said that investing in PC and mobile could lead to "significant growth in the number of people who play our games, the number of people who enjoy our games, and the number of people who spend money on our games".
The company's presentation suggested it is already reaping the benefits of bringing titles like
Mark Zuckerberg says Meta's metaverse project will lose 'significant' sums of money for up to 5 years
Twitter shareholders voted to kick an ally of Elon Musk off the company's board in an apparent snub to the billionaire
Popular on BI
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India