Soon we may be viewing the world through a smart contact lens
smart contact lensindustry.
- In 2016, Samsung patented smart
- Mojo Vision has already launched a prototype for a smart contact lens.
AdvertisementToday smart wearable market consists of mostly smart bands,
It won't be surprising to see Google and Samsung at the forefront of the
This is not the first time when we’ve heard about Samsung's potential in involvement with smart contact lenses. Back in 2016, the company applied for a patent on smart contact lenses. Samsung has been working on researching optic-related smart technologies for more than half-decade now. There is no official statement by the company on smart contact lenses but we can hope this technology is right in the middle of it when it happens.
Likewise, Sony, Sensimed AG, and Google are also working on the smart contact lens. Google has a dedicated research organization for smart contact lenses and other things. However, like any other new technology, this is also expected to take some time to become commercialized and then a few years to refine it for genuine use cases.
Smart Contact Lenses — Mojo Vision
The start-up Mojo Vision drew attention back in 2020 as they introduces the first smart contact lens. It can display data based on augmented reality. It consists of a tiny microLED display which is the size of a grain of sand to share critical information. It has smart sensors that are powered by solid-state batteries built into a scleral lens that is also capable of correcting your vision.
After littering space with tonnes of junk, USA becomes the first nation to ban destructive satellite tests
Here’s why the US is increasing interest rates and how it impacts Indian markets
Popular on BI
- Sebi to boost disclosure norms; do away with permanent board seats for individuals
- Here are the ten big income tax rule changes that will come into effect from April 1
- Not just for OTT, people rely on digital to discover & engage with content across TV and movies: BCG-Meta Report
- SPC Lifesciences files draft papers with SEBI for IPO
- Sensex rallies 346 pts, Nifty near 17,100 on firm global markets