From buying Squid Game masks to playing it in real life — here's what the show's fans are up to
In India, fans can purchase
For those who want to take things to another level, there’s a set of two Squid Game invitation cards. This is the infamous card with the phone number given to eligible participants. The number on the business card even turned out to be a real phone number and it even received multiple calls from fans.
If you thought using these masks is crazy, there’s an actual Squid Game taking place in Abu Dhabi where people can take part. It is being organised by the Korean Cultural Center in the United Arab Emirates where two teams of 15 players can take part. There will obviously be no violence involved in this version of the Squid Game but those interested can feel what it’s like to be part of the Squid Game that’s scheduled to take place this Tuesday.
A similar real-life experience was when YouTuber Jimmy Zhang offered college students a chance to earn $100 if they beat him in the envelope flip game from the show, and if they don’t then they get a slap. The Squid Game craze is also hard to miss online with videos all over TikTok and Instagram of how to make the dalgona candy, memes on Squid Game, and even AR filters.
A real-life 'Squid Game' is being organized in Abu Dhabi
The maker of the dalgona candies for 'Squid Game' was so swamped with customers that he didn't go home for a week
Popular on BI
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO