Steve Ballmer said on Clubhouse that he wishes Microsoft had taken on Amazon's cloud business sooner
MicrosoftCEO Steve Ballmersaid he wishes the company invested in cloud-computing earlier.
- Ballmer made the remarks on Clubhouse, CNBC reported.
- Microsoft launched its first cloud products in 2008, two years after
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said he wishes he had invested in cloud computing earlier in his tenure at the tech giant, CNBC reported. Ballmer made the remark Thursday on Clubhouse, an audio-chat app, during a discussion that also included Sriram Krishnan, a general partner at Andreessen Horowitz, and Steven Sinofsky, a former manager at Microsoft."I wish we probably started a year or so, two years earlier," Ballmer said, according to CNBC's report.
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 5000 mAh| 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 60% OFF
boAt Bassheads 100 in Ear Wired Earphones with Mic(Black)₹ 399₹ 999Buy On
- 9% OFF
OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition (Bold Black)₹ 1999₹ 2190Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 21% OFF
Redmi 9 Power (Blazing Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) - 6000mAh Battery |FHD+ Screen| 48MP Quad Camera | Alexa Hands-Free Capable₹ 10999₹ 13999Buy On
Satya Nadella, Microsoft's current CEO, ran the division at Microsoft that included its cloud business before replacing Ballmer in 2014. Nadella has also said he wished Microsoft had launched its cloud products sooner."We knew by looking at what Amazon was doing that we needed to reinvent ourselves," Nadella said in 2017. During the Clubhouse discussion, Ballmer said Microsoft was also too slow in its attempt to launch a phone. The company bought Nokia's devices business in 2014, seven years after Apple released its first iPhone. By 2017, Microsoft said its phone-related revenue was "immaterial."
- Weekend watch list for OTT — Fahadh Faasil’s Malik to Farhan Akhtar’s Toofan and more
- Reliance Retail surprises all by more than doubling its net profit in the last three months
- Reliance Jio adds 42 million subscribers but the average revenue is pretty much the same
- YES Bank’s net profit grows four fold as provision for bad loans shrink
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on headphones