Elon Musk taunts SEC with 'fabulous short shorts in radiant red satin with gold trim'
Elon Musktook to Twitter on Thursday to taunt the Securities and Exchange Commissionafter the company beat Wall Street estimates in its second quarter earnings.
- "Tesla will make fabulous short shorts in radiant red satin with gold trim," said Musk calling the SEC the "Shortseller Enrichment Commission".
- Over the last year, Tesla's stock has jumped by almost 200% making it the most valuable company as per market capitalisation.
Will send some to the Shortseller Enrichment Commission to comfort them through these difficult times— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1593715812000
Referring to the SEC as the 'Shortseller Enrichment Commission', Musk celebrated that Tesla stocks were up almost 200% over the last year. Despite the company's massive gains, the company is still plagued by bearish investors.
Thanks Tesla owners & investors! Love you!! We will work super hard to earn your trust & support. https://t.co/6mgcmlLTsA— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1593720388000
Tesla is now the most valuable car company in the world as per market capitalisation, according to Barron's.
The beef between Musk and the SEC
The tech billionaire, who is also the CEO of SpaceX, made a similar reference to the SEC in October 2018 after the regulator accused him of securities fraud. It filed a lawsuit against Musk over a tweet that claimed that he had funding to take Tesla private at $420 a share.
As part of the settlement, Musk had to step down as Tesla Chairman for a period of three years in addition to paying a $20 million fine.
SEC, three letter acronym, middle word is Elon’s— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1593716246000
"While our main factory in Fremont was shut down for much of the quarter, we have successfully ramped production back to prior levels," said Tesla during its quarterly earnings.
(with inputs from IANS)
Elon Musk thinks the surge in coronavirus cases is due to testing errors, but a virologist is debunking that 'dangerous misinformation'
All the things that Elon Musk did after making his first billion just 8 years ago
- Initial assessment of adverse events didn't necessitate stoppage of vaccine trials: ICMR
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost