The Pentagon has called off the $10 billion JEDI cloud-computing contract Microsoft and Amazon were arguing over
Pentagonhas canceled the $10 billion cloud-infrastructure plan it awarded Microsoftin 2019.
- The Pentagon cited "evolving requirements, increased cloud conversancy, and industry advances."
Amazonfiled a complaint accusing the Trump administration of influencing the award process.
The Pentagon canceled the $10 billion cloud-infrastructure contract Microsoft and Amazon were fighting over, the agency announced on Tuesday.
The Department of Defense granted Microsoft the massive contract in 2019. Amazon soon after challenged the grant, claiming former President Trump had improperly influenced the award process due to his numerous public criticisms of the company.
The Pentagon stated in a release the agency called off the contract due to "evolving requirements, increased cloud conversancy, and industry advances." CNBC first reported the announcement.
The 10-year JEDI - or Joint
"JEDI was developed at a time when the Department's needs were different and both the CSPs technology and our cloud conversancy was less mature," John Sherman, chief information officer of the Department of Defense, stated.
Microsoft "respects" the Department of Defense's decision to scrap the contract instead of continue a potentially "years-long litigation battle," the company said in a release sent on Tuesday.
"We support them and every
The agency also announced it would accept proposals from Microsoft and Amazon for a new cloud-computing contract, the Joint Warfighter Cloud Capability.
Experts previously told Insider's Rosalie Chan Jeff Bezos' ownership of the Washington Post, which published critical coverage of the Trump administration, may have worked against Amazon Web Services in the
Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Risk management must be driven by understanding of what is good for corporate: Ex-chairman Sebi
- Government invites suggestions for union budget 2023-24
- India needs 1,000+ pilots annually, but training infra in short supply
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns