There are now 7 upcoming electric pickup trucks like the Tesla Cybertruck and Rivian R1T - here's how they will compare
- There are currently seven electric pickup trucks on the horizon in the US: Tesla's Cybertruck, Nikola's Badger, Bollinger's B2, Lordstown Motor's Endurance, Ford's electric F-150, GMC's Hummer EV, and Rivian's R1T.
- All of the vehicles have varying specifications and prices.
- Of the 11 different specifications compared, Tesla's Cybertruck came out as "best in category" five times.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Tesla's Cybertruck isn't the only electric pickup truck that's set to be unleashed on the market in the next several years.
In fact, there are six other automakers - some relatively unknown - who are all vying to be the best upcoming electric pickup truck in the market. For example, Nikola is currently working on it's Badger, which can also run on fuel cell hydrogen power source.
Bollinger Motors announced it's fully-electric SUV "B1" and pickup truck "B2" at the same time in October, while Lordstown Motors unveiled its pickup truck Endurance in January.
Ford announced an electric version of its wildly popular F-150 but hasn't released any specs yet. GMC also announced an electric version of its iconic Hummer in January, releasing its horsepower, torque, and zero-to-60 miles-per-hour time in the announcement.
Ford-backed Rivian is also releasing its electric pickup truck, the R1T.
With so many electric pickup trucks on the horizon, picking one to purchase may be difficult. Here is a comparison of the different specifications of each pickup truck and the strongest contender in each category, not including the electric F-150:
Range: Nikola Badger
Bed length: Bollinger Motors B2 Pickup Truck
Price: Tesla Cybertruck
Top speed: Tesla Cybertruck
0-to-60 mph time: Nikola Badger and Tesla Cybertruck
Towing Capacity: Tesla Cybertruck
Horsepower: GMC Hummer EV
Torque: GMC Hummer EV
Number of seats: Tesla Cybertruck
Battery pack per kilowatt-hour: Rivian R1T
Payload capacity: Bollinger Motors B2 Pickup Truck
- BYD Seal electric sedan launched in India starting at ₹41 lakh
- Media and entertainment industry to cross ₹3 lakh crore in 2026 says FICCI, EY report
- 5 Fruits that help increase calcium
- Too many regulatory guardrails could impede growth rate: Uday Kotak
- Fair trade regulator CCI to shortly commence market study on AI