Tiger Woods signed a contract with the publisher of 'Grand Theft Auto' for a new series of golf video games
Golfsuperstar Tiger Woodshas a new series of golf video gamesin the works.
- Woods signed a long-term contract with the publisher of "Grand Theft Auto," Take Two Interactive.
- His name and likeness are exclusive to the new games, leaving
EA's golf games without a big name.
Golf superstar Tiger Woods is the face of a new series of golf video games, but this time they're being published by the
Woods' name and likeness will appear exclusively in the "PGA Tour 2K" golf game franchise, Take-Two Interactive announced on Tuesday, and could appear in other golf games created by the publisher.The move is a major coup by Take-Two Interactive to steal away one of EA's biggest
Beyond his name and likeness, Woods will serve as executive producer and consultant on the "PGA Tour 2K" franchise. It's unclear if he'll also lend his name to the game's title, but if were to do so, the next game in the series could likely be named, "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2K22."Representatives for the publisher declined to respond to a request for comment. Got a tip? Contact Insider senior correspondent Ben Gilbert via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Twitter DM (@realbengilbert). We can keep sources anonymous. Use a non-work device to reach out. PR pitches by email only, please.
- Monero’s ‘Fluffypony’ joins John McAfee, Ross Ulbricht and Arthur Hayes behind bars — but for a non-crypto crime
- Dr Subhash Chandra reveals his plans of venturing into video in digital space
- IOB asks Union Bank to buy its stake in Malaysian bank
- Adani Group firm Adani Wilmar to raise ₹4,500 crore via IPO
- Travel portal Ixigo moves a step closer to IPO