Tinder will let users gift Lyft rides to their dates through a new partnership
Tinderis teaming up with Lyftso users can book rides for dates without leaving the Tinder app.
- Tinder said the feature will roll out in the coming months, but didn't give a specific date.
- Interest in online
dating appshas grown during the pandemic.
Tinder is teaming up with Lyft in preparation for the return of in-person dating.
The dating service said Monday it will allow users to gift Lyft rides to dates directly through the Tinder app. Lyft already lets users request rides for friends, but the new feature will integrate that ability into Tinder's interface.
Tinder didn't give a specific date for the rollout of the new feature, but said it is set to arrive "in the coming months." Tinder users who are gifted a ride will still benefit from Lyft's safety features like the ability to share their location with friends and to silently request emergency assistance.
"We're excited to partner with Lyft and work on innovative solutions for our members who are looking forward to getting back out there," David Wyler, Tinder's senior vice president of business development and partnerships, said in a statement.
Tinder said the feature is meant for "post-lockdown daters," but the app has encouraged users to meet up in person during the pandemic. Earlier in March, Tinder said it would give away 1,000 COVID-19 tests so that 500 couples could go on a date.
Other popular apps have made deals to spice up virtual dating. Airbnb in May announced a partnership with Bumble to offer users online experiences like visiting a jazz club in Amsterdam or a wine class in Portugal.
Use of online dating platforms grew during the pandemic, according to data from
- Former Lok Sabha speaker Manohar Joshi passes away at 86
- Which countries are most affected by severe seismic activity? New earthquake metric provides fresh perspective
- Exicom Tele-Systems to raise ₹429 cr via IPO; sets price band at ₹135-142/share
- Kawasaki Ninja 500 sports bike launched in India at ₹5.24 lakh
- Vodafone Idea board to meet on Feb 27 to consider fundraising proposal