Twitter just told employees they can work from home permanently
Jack Dorseytold employees in an email Tuesday that they can keep working from home indefinitely, even after COVID-19related lockdowns end.
- Dorsey also said Twitter is unlikely to reopen its offices until September at the earliest, BuzzFeed News first reported.
- It's one of the most generous work-from-home policies put forward by a major
techcompany in the wake of the coronaviruspandemic.
- Other tech companies including Amazon, Microsoft, and Facebook have told employees that they can keep working from home until the fall of 2020.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey told employees Tuesday that they'll be allowed to
Dorsey also reportedly said that Twitter's offices won't be reopened until September at the earliest. Twitter first told employees to start working from home in March. The offer doesn't extend to employees whose jobs mandate that they return to the office, like those tasked with server maintenance.
Other major tech companies have announced lenient work-from-home plans, but few go as far as Twitter. Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Amazon have all told employees that they can keep working from home through the fall even if their offices reopen sooner.
Even before the COVID-19 outbreak, Dorsey voiced plans to encourage a "distributed workforce" with more remote employees living outside San Francisco, where the company is headquartered.
"I don't fear any slowness as we work to distribute our workforce now, and I do think we have to build a company that's not entirely dependent on San Francisco," Dorsey said during a February earnings call. "As we look forward we're reaching a talent pool that expects a lot more
A Twitter spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.Read the original article on Business Insider
- Home loan tax deductions: Self-occupied vs rented, the differences
- India heads to ICC Cricket World Cup as No. 1 ODI side in ranking
- Sidharth Malhotra to Varun Dhawan, celebs wish newlyweds Parineeti Chopra, Raghav Chadha
- Musk showcases Tesla humanoid robot performing Yoga, Namaste
- Dabur’s Burman family makes open offer to acquire stake in Religare Enterprises