Twitter now automatically responds to all press emails with a single poop emoji, months after laying off its communications team
- Twitter's press email is now responding to requests from the media with a single poop emoji.
- Elon Musk announced the new policy in a tweet Sunday morning, and Insider promptly tested it.
Twitter has finally resumed communicating with journalists again, after months of silence since Elon Musk's takeover of the company.
However, don't expect an actual answer to media inquiries about mass layoffs, declines in advertising revenue, outages, and lawsuits. Instead, the account is sending automated responses of a single poop emoji, after Musk announced the new policy Sunday morning.
Insider promptly tested the email, and sure enough, received this near instantaneous response:
It was widely reported shortly after Musk took over that nearly the entire communications department was among the thousands of employees who were laid off. The company has rarely, if at all, responded to requests for comment in the months since layoffs began.
Musk's Twitter ownership has largely been defined by the layoffs and other cost-cutting measures, and the company is currently the subject of several lawsuits over the way the cuts were conducted, in addition to lawsuits over allegedly unpaid bills from consulting firms and landlords of Twitter's offices.
It's unclear if the change to Twitter's press email is permanent. In response to Insider's request to comment, Twitter said .
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine