Twitter surpassed 192 million daily active users in Q4 as the social media company grappled with criticism of its role in the spread of election misinformation
- Twitter's user count passed 192 million in Q4, it posted in its
earningsreport on Thursday.
- The growth coincided with the 2020 presidential election and mounting pressure on the tech firm.
- Twitter's decision to ban a New York Post story was a standout moment in the firm's fourth quarter.
That's a 27% increase year-over-year "driven by global conversation around current events" and other factors, according to the company.The social media company posted $1.29 billion in quarterly revenue and $0.27 in earnings-per-share on Tuesday.
Here are the key numbers from Twitter's Q4 earnings:
- Q4 revenue: $1.29 billion versus Wall Street estimates of $1.19 billion.
- Q4 earnings per share (EPS): $0.27 versus Wall Street estimates of $0.31.
Dorsey later said it was "wrong" to ban the story.The incident fanned the flames of a theory held by conservatives that tech companies discriminate against right-leaning content. A recent study from New York University researchers found that claim to be "unfounded."
Inside the Democrats' plan for handling Donald Trump as Joe Biden's biggest critic and Twitter troll during the next 4 years Twitter, and other internet platforms, faced heightened pressure in late 2020 to crack down on misinformation surrounding the 2020 presidential election.
The company began taking the unprecedented step to add labels to certain tweets in May when former President Donald Trump published a post in which he baselessly claimed that mail-in voting would lead to a fraudulent and "Rigged Election."
In January, Twitter announced Birdwatch, its answer to moderating content on its site by enlisting the help of Twitter users. More details have also emerged about "Bluesky," an initiative first unveiled in 2019 that is designed to build a new decentralized social network system. It would allow for the creation of more
Twitter also acquired email newsletter startup Revue in January.
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021
- Best soundbars with a wireless subwoofer
- Myntra signs up Hrithik Roshan, Vijay Deverakonda and Dulquer Salmaan as its newest brand ambassadors
- Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins