Twitter's new CEO Linda Yaccarino held intense SoulCycle sessions with her favorite employees in a former role, new report says
- Elon Musk announced Friday that Linda Yaccarino will take on the role of CEO of Twitter.
- Some of her former coworkers opened up about her management style in conversations with Fortune.
Twitter's new CEO Linda Yaccarino reportedly organized SoulCycle workout sessions with favorite employees in a previous role, Fortune reported Sunday.
Yaccarino, who was chairman of advertising sales and client partnerships at NBCUniversal, is set to start at Twitter within six weeks. Seven former coworkers opened up about what it was like to work with her in conversations with Fortune.
One unnamed source told Fortune that Yaccarino can play favorites and would invite chosen employees to intense SoulCycle spinning sessions.
This source said she also rewarded loyal staffers with promotions, sometimes without merit. Insider contacted Yaccarino and Twitter for comment but did not immediately hear back.
These former coworkers painted a picture of a powerhouse "that can both inspire and terrify the people who work for her," Fortune wrote.
One longtime client – Lou Paskalis, CEO of marketing consultancy firm AJL Advisory – described Yaccarino as the "most highly respected of all of the people on the revenue side of the advertising industry."
There's now speculation as to whether other NBCUniversal employees will follow Yaccarino to Twitter. Former coworker and advertising executive Krishan Bhatia has been named as one possible person to make the move, per Bloomberg.
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore