Watch Larry David pose as an App Store reviewer in a scrapped WWDC video from 2014
Applecreated a short film starring Larry David, J.B. Smoove, and Evan Spiegelfor WWDCin 2014.
- In the film, David is in charge of approving and denying
appsfor the App Store.
- The video was never shown at WWDC, though it's unclear why.
If Larry David were in charge of the App Store,
Back in 2014, Apple hired David for a short film to be aired at its annual developers conference, WWDC. David plays the person in charge of approving or denying apps for the App Store and appears alongside actor and comedian J.B. Smoove and Snap CEO Evan Spiegel.
According to 9to5 Mac's Felipe Espósito, the film was never shown at WWDC - instead, Apple opted for a more serious video where various people describe what they think a developer looks like and what their favorite apps are.
It's not clear why Apple scrapped the video, but in recent years, the company's App Store policies have frustrated developers who have taken issue with stringent rules that they say are anticompetitive, plus high commissions for in-app purchases.
Still, the short film is a fun encapsulation of the 2014 app craze - remember when everyone was playing "Angry Birds"? - and a cool glimpse inside Apple HQ:
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- Snapping 6-day gains, Indian stock indices in red; high valuations a concern
- ED issues look out notice against Byju Raveendran: Sources
- Sugar stocks slip after govt raises fair price to ₹340 per quintal
- Social media platform 'X' decides to withhold accounts after Indian govt executive orders
- With 1 lakh footfalls per day, Ayodhya is giving its residents a 'better life'