Western Digital launches two new solid state drives aimed at gamers
If you are a serious gamer in India, trying hands on the latest Call of Duly: Black Ops Cold War will cost you 250GB storage on your PC.
As the gaming landscape evolves and more immersive titles emerge, people require higher performance to stay up-to-speed and storage solutions major Western Digital continues to innovate and introduce storage solutions, a top company executive has said.
"Irrespective of the type of gamer, the need for a great experience is imperative. Game developers are creating immersive titles that demand high performance and the best tools," Khalid Wani, Director-Sales, India, Western Digital, told IANS.
Three out of every five gamers in India are still using HDDs as their primary storage solution and four in every five serious gamers feel it is important to have their PC boot faster.
According to the company, the key bottleneck in loading and playing next generation titles is the storage and not just the processor or the graphics card.
"It becomes essential to have the right storage solution for uninterrupted gameplay. In other words, it underlines our importance in the industry," Wani added.
Keeping all this in mind, Western Digital has introduced latest WD Black portfolio designed for heavy gamers.
While the WD Black SN 850 NVMe SSD delivers ultra-fast read/write speeds,
Both these storage solutions also have heatsink models that cut down on thermal throttling to maintain peak performance.
Advertisement"Our portable P50 SSD and P10 HDD game drives offer the speed and capacity that a gamer requires in a compact form factor," Wani informed.
Popular on BI
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- The rally in stocks will trick investors into thinking the bear market is over, but there's still a case for the S&P 500 to fall another 26% next year, Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson says
- Adani may be the richest Indian but Ambani’s RIL retains the top spot on Hurun's list of most valuable companies
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry