WhatsApp to soon let you hide your ‘Last Seen’ from specific contacts
- It is now planning to add a new option for ‘my contacts expect’.
- This is being tested on
WhatsApp for iOS.
AdvertisementWhatsApp is reworking an old privacy setting it introduced years back. This is for the ‘Last Seen’ update that shows what time you had last used WhatsApp. You can either hide this from everyone or make it visible only to your contacts. WhatsApp is now testing an option for you to hide your last seen from select contacts.
The new privacy update would be a small but nifty change for users who are still concerned about their last seen time on WhatsApp. At present WhatsApp only lets you choose between everyone, my contacts and nobody. It is now planning to add a new option of ‘my contacts except’ so you can keep your last seen time visible to your contacts but hide it from some of them. According to WABetaInfo, this privacy setting will work for your profile picture and about sections as well.
WhatsApp’s privacy rule would be applicable in the new update too. If you hide your last seen from everyone or from specific contacts, you wouldn’t be able to see their last seen either.
This update will give users more flexibility to choose between contacts. WhatsApp first introduced this with the group invitation feature that lets users restrict unknown people from adding them to groups. Here too, users can choose who can add them to WhatsApp groups - everyone, my contacts or my contacts except.
The updated privacy setting is currently being tested on WhatsApp for iOS but it’s expected to be available on Android as well, according to WABetaInfo.
WhatsApp to roll out new design chat bubbles for iOS devices
Message reactions to disappearing mode: All the upcoming WhatsApp features
Popular on BI
- COP28 set to kick off from Nov 30 — UAE hopeful for deal on renewable energy tripling, doubling energy efficiency
- Family Man Manoj Bajpayee bats for movie heroes who like ‘the common man’
- Gandhar Oil IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club