Xiaomi RedmiBook, Mi laptops expected to launch soon in India
- Xiaomi is all set to launch the RedmiBook and Mi laptops in India.
- The Coronavirus lockdown has resulted in an increase in people working from home.
- The company has informed its retailers that the laptops will be launched soon.
AdvertisementAfter becoming one of the most popular smartphone brands in the country, Xiaomi is all set to bring its laptops in India. The company has already entered the television and home appliances segment.
As per a tweet by tipster Ishan Agarwal,
While Jain did not mention when the laptops will be launched, the company is expected to announce them soon after the lockdown is lifted.
Xiaomi may time its laptop launch with the increased work from home culture
The nationwide Coronavirus lockdown has resulted in several companies asking their employees to work from home. This has also resulted in an increased demand for personal computers.
While there have been rumors about Xiaomi launching its laptops in the country for over a year now, the company probably wants to cash in on the work from home culture by launching affordable laptops.
Xiaomi may enter the Indian market with the RedmiBook 14
As per an earlier report, the RedmiBook 14 has reportedly received BIS certification, paving the way for its launch in India. Xiaomi had also trademarked the RedmiBook brand in India earlier this year.
The RedmiBook 14 is available in India starting at CNY 2,999 which is around ₹32,100 in India. Xiaomi may launch the laptop at a more aggressive price in India to take on the existing laptop companies like Dell and HP. The base model comes with an 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD.
The company may also launch the high-end variant of the RedmiBook 14 that is powered with up to 10th generation Intel Core i7 processor.
Microsoft will reportedly reveal a long-overdue new version of its popular Surface Book laptop in the spring
Honor to strengthen India product portfolio this year with laptops, smart TVs
Intel just revealed a foldable laptop concept that features a massive, 17-inch OLED display inside
Popular on BI
- Gold rush: Don’t recycle or book profits yet, another bull-run on the way say analysts
- Best kitchen vegetable stands in India
- Pencil maker Doms to kick off December IPO season, fixes price band at ₹750-790
- One of Two and a half men Charlie Sheen back on TV, as himself