YouTube is testing shopping feature on live streams for select creators
- YouTube’s integrated shopping feature was announced earlier this year for videos on demand.
- It is being expanded to live streams for select creators.
- This feature lets viewers shop for products listed in the video.
YouTube creators are known to showcase their products and promote collaborations as well. This feature can help in making it easier for creators to sell products through their videos. At present, creators have to manually add links for products that viewers can purchase in the video’s description box.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUYouTube also lets creators sell their merchandise like t-shirts, hats, phone cases to subscribers. The listed merchandise appears just below the video description, and it’s linked to the creator’s official website where subscribers can purchase from. YouTube introduced this feature back in 2018 along with features such as channel memberships and premieres.
YouTube’s expansion into integrated shopping comes at a time when other popular social platforms are also tapping into this growing market. Recently, TikTok started testing ‘TikTok Shop’, a feature that lets creators and brands sell their products and services directly from the app. Snapchat also introduced a similar feature for businesses to offer product catalogues and AR filters for their products so customers can order and purchase from the app itself. Instagram also offers shopping features that let creators and brands list shoppable products in posts.
Users can check out the product’s short description and price, and continue shopping through this product catalogue. It’s interesting to see these creator platforms getting more aggressive about integrated shopping.
YouTube introduces Super Thanks – another feature to help creators earn more money
YouTube acquires two-year old Indian video commerce startup simsim
- Best headphones for office meetings in India
- Best noise cancelling truly wireless earbuds in India
- Indian government brings in a bill to bury the infamous retrospective tax that haunted Cairn and Vodafone for nearly a decade
- Amazon Great Freedom Festival Sale 2021: Best deals on refrigerators
- Best Noise-cancelling headphones under 15000 in India