Zomato, Paytm, Sony LIV, Disney+Hotstar back up after glitch takes down internet
- Major websites like Zomato,
Paytm, Sony LIV and others in India, which were affected by another Akamaioutage are now back up.
- This is the second outage to be reported in as many months.
- The internet infrastructure provider is aware of the issue and is currently working on fixing the issue.
A little over an hour later, the sites are back to functioning normally.
Phew! We are back!— zomato (@zomato) 1626973586000
According to internet outage tracker DownDetector, the outage started around 8:55 pm Indian Standard Time (IST).
The internet infrastructure provider behind these websites, Akamai, confirmed the outage at its end at around 10:15 pm. It took the company around 30 minutes to get things back to normal.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and can confirm this was not a result of a cyberattack on the Akamai platform.— Akamai Technologies (@Akamai) 1626973949000
Indian websites weren't the only ones caught up in the disruption. The outage hit major parts of the internet around the globe including sites like Delta Air Lines, British Airways, Capital One, Go Daddy, Vanguard, UPS, LastPass, AT&T and Costco.
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month
- L&T aims to become carbon neutral by 2040 and here's how
- Paytm may drop its pre-IPO sale as advisors recommend lower valuation
- Adidas onboards Deepika Padukone as its global brand ambassador
- The depth of India’s vaccination drive — Gujarat tops the list, UP and Bihar yet to vaccinate a third of their population