Zomato, Paytm, Sony LIV, Disney+Hotstar back up after glitch takes down internet
- Major websites like Zomato,
Paytm, Sony LIV and others in India, which were affected by another Akamaioutage are now back up.
- This is the second outage to be reported in as many months.
- The internet infrastructure provider is aware of the issue and is currently working on fixing the issue.
AdvertisementSeveral major websites were hit by a widespread
A little over an hour later, the sites are back to functioning normally.
Phew! We are back!— zomato (@zomato) 1626973586000
According to internet outage tracker DownDetector, the outage started around 8:55 pm Indian Standard Time (IST).
The internet infrastructure provider behind these websites, Akamai, confirmed the outage at its end at around 10:15 pm. It took the company around 30 minutes to get things back to normal.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and can confirm this was not a result of a cyberattack on the Akamai platform.— Akamai Technologies (@Akamai) 1626973949000
Indian websites weren't the only ones caught up in the disruption. The outage hit major parts of the internet around the globe including sites like Delta Air Lines, British Airways, Capital One, Go Daddy, Vanguard, UPS, LastPass, AT&T and Costco.
Popular on BI
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh