Zomato, Paytm, Sony LIV, Disney+Hotstar back up after glitch takes down internet
- Major websites like Zomato,
Paytm, Sony LIV and others in India, which were affected by another Akamaioutage are now back up.
- This is the second outage to be reported in as many months.
- The internet infrastructure provider is aware of the issue and is currently working on fixing the issue.
A little over an hour later, the sites are back to functioning normally.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
Phew! We are back!— zomato (@zomato) 1626973586000
According to internet outage tracker DownDetector, the outage started around 8:55 pm Indian Standard Time (IST).
The internet infrastructure provider behind these websites, Akamai, confirmed the outage at its end at around 10:15 pm. It took the company around 30 minutes to get things back to normal.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and can confirm this was not a result of a cyberattack on the Akamai platform.— Akamai Technologies (@Akamai) 1626973949000
Indian websites weren't the only ones caught up in the disruption. The outage hit major parts of the internet around the globe including sites like Delta Air Lines, British Airways, Capital One, Go Daddy, Vanguard, UPS, LastPass, AT&T and Costco.
- Realme’s sub-brand DIZO launches its first budget smartwatch in India at ₹3,499
- Radico launches a music video to honour Indian athletes at the Tokyo Olympics
- ₹10,000 invested in IRCTC shares on listing is worth more than ₹38,000 today — the record could get even better
- e-RUPI explained — India’s new electronic voucher-based payment system to reduce leakage in welfare programmes
- MyGlamm launches its first ever national TVC starring brand ambassador Shraddha Kapoor