Zomato, Paytm, Sony LIV, Disney+Hotstar back up after glitch takes down internet
- Major websites like Zomato,
Paytm, Sony LIV and others in India, which were affected by another Akamaioutage are now back up.
- This is the second outage to be reported in as many months.
- The internet infrastructure provider is aware of the issue and is currently working on fixing the issue.
AdvertisementSeveral major websites were hit by a widespread
A little over an hour later, the sites are back to functioning normally.
Phew! We are back!— zomato (@zomato) 1626973586000
According to internet outage tracker DownDetector, the outage started around 8:55 pm Indian Standard Time (IST).
The internet infrastructure provider behind these websites, Akamai, confirmed the outage at its end at around 10:15 pm. It took the company around 30 minutes to get things back to normal.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and can confirm this was not a result of a cyberattack on the Akamai platform.— Akamai Technologies (@Akamai) 1626973949000
Indian websites weren't the only ones caught up in the disruption. The outage hit major parts of the internet around the globe including sites like Delta Air Lines, British Airways, Capital One, Go Daddy, Vanguard, UPS, LastPass, AT&T and Costco.
Popular on BI
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a positive note amid positive global cues: Adani Enterprises, Tata Motors, Bajaj Finance among stocks in focus
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards
- Equal-weight index: For diversified investments with low volatility
- I wish we move ahead unitedly, PM Modi extends greetings on country's 74th Republic Day