We're Now Posting A Staggering 1.8 Billion Photos Every Day
Kleiner Perkins partner Mary Meeker's massive "state of the internet" presentation contains this slide on photos in social media that totally blows us away. Back in 2008, we uploaded very few photos to the internet.
But today, we're uploading 1.8 billion images to Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Snapchat, and WhatsApp every day. (Obviously, many millions of them are selfies.) That is the rough equivalent of one photo for every person on the planet - including billions of people in the developing world who have no access to technology - in less than a week.
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh