YouTube now has over 1.8 billion users every month, within spitting distance of Facebook's 2 billion
- YouTube is now pulling in over 1.8 billion users every month - and that's just the people who are logged in.
- That makes YouTube Google's most popular service, with even more users than Gmail.
- YouTube's monthly user number is nearing that of Facebook, the world's largest platform, which has over 2 billion users.
The absurdly high user number was announced by YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki on Thursday night during the company's annual Brandcast advertising event, according to Variety.
YouTube is even bigger than Gmail, and nearly as big as Facebook, with over 1.8 billion monthly logged-in users.
But let's not kid ourselves: Most of the 1.8 billion people watching YouTube are watching for YouTube stars like Felix "PewDiePie" Kjellberg. His channel alone has over 62 million subscribers.
Getty Images Entertainment
The top channels list on YouTube is dominated by popular YouTube producers like PewDiePie, and musicians like Justin Bieber. All of which is to say one thing: Though YouTube's pushing hard into scripted content, it's unlikely that said content is driving much of the huge user numbers YouTube is seeing.Either way, the video streaming service is absolutely dominant - there's no real comparison to YouTube in terms of competition. And now, with over 1.8 billion logged in users, it's harder than ever for another company to catch up.Get the latest Google stock price here.
- If the COVID-19 vaccine prices are too high for some, then why not use direct benefit transfer
- The COVID-19 crisis in India is getting worse with state administrations trying to hoard oxygen
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings