Teen Raises Over $2,000 From Strangers After Being Bullied On Facebook By Two Men About Her Prom Photos
"Selling my prom dress," she captioned the photos. "I don't really remember the size, but it's in the 20s. Selling for $350 great condition only wore once!"
But then the bullies and trolls came out, telling Layne she was fat, that she wasn't beautiful, and that she was probably lying about the size of her dress.
"It's probably a size 30," one commenter leered.
Layne told WSMV Channel 4 that she politely told the commenters to stop.
"Sorry that I'm not pleasing to your eye," she wrote.
Other Facebookers jumped to her defense as well; hundreds of them chimed in to tell Layne she was beautiful and to not listen to what the rude bullies had to say.
That sparked an outpouring of support from the community - "strangers have now donated more than $2,000 to a gofundme page that Layne set up to be able to afford a new dress for her senior prom. She had aimed to raise just $350," The Daily Mail reports.
Layne was overwhelmed by the response.
"I don't know how to say thank you to people and accept the compliments because it doesn't happen a lot," she told the local channel."
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- India reports 3,824 new Covid cases
- 77% of young Indians now spend the most on phones, apparels
- Global Pharma recalls 50,000 tubes of contaminated eye drops in US: USFDA
- Former India cricketer Salim Durani passes away aged 88; PM Narendra Modi, Ravi Shastri lead tributes
- India successfully achieves autonomous landing of Space vehicle