Telecom Minister To Inaugurate Dot Bharat Domain Name
AdvertisementUnion Minister of Communications and IT
National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) and the
C-DAC is also working together with NIXI and they have set up a committee on International Domain Names (IDNs) to introduce domain names in Indian languages.
Internationalised Domain Name in Indian languages will be represented in the characters of the language concerned. Such domain names could contain letters or characters from non-ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) scripts. ASCII is a character-encoding scheme based on the ordering of the English alphabet.
In India, the IN Registry has been mandated for registering, operating and managing IDN in the Indian languages.
The number of Internet subscribers was 238.71 million in December 2013. Himachal Pradesh, with 2.04 million users, had the lowest number of Internet users,
Popular on BI
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life
- India’s economic rise: How global tech giants are chasing the next big growth engine