Tesla CEO Elon Musk says he's about to address one of the biggest problems with electric cars
One of the biggest problems with electric cars is "range anxiety," which occurs when electric car owners worry that their car won't be able to last until the next charge.
On Sunday, Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted that he would address this problem in relation to Tesla's Model S sedan at a press conference on Thursday.
Tesla press conf at 9am on Thurs. About to end range anxiety ... via OTA software update. Affects entire Model S fleet.- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 15, 2015
And Tesla continues to expand its extensive network of supercharger stations, which provide free high-speed recharging to Tesla owners for life. As Tesla steadily fills the supercharger gaps, at least in the US, then range anxiety diminishes.
In January, the company released a software update that made the Tesla's top-of-the-line Model S, the P85D, significantly faster. AndMusk gave some more details on Tuesday:
But that's not what I mean by addressing range anxiety- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 17, 2015
Musk has been criticized for tweeting out veiled announcements at odd hours and not quite delivering. We shall see!
Matthew Debord and Taylor Lorenz contributed to this report.
- Check out the top 10 batsmen with the highest strike rate in all IPL matches
- Petrol pumps closed in Rajasthan as dealers demand rollback of VAT on fuel
- Google blocks terms associated with hate speech from being used as ad keywords on YouTube
- Mountains, rivers, trout and toddy — Manali offers you all these and more
- E-commerce and digitisation to accelerate India's auto sector growth, says report