Tesla has aggressive plans for the next 2 years - here's what's in the works
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk said that the company aims to begin producing cars in China in 2020.
- The company also aims to ramp up its energy business and launch several new cars in the same time frame.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has aggressive expansion plans for the company over the next few years.
One of the most notable things that Musk has planned is a big push into China. The company aims to begin producing its cars in a new factory in Shanghai in about three years, Musk said during Tesla's third-quarter earnings call Thursday.
But that's not all Musk envisions for Tesla during the next few years.
Among other things, Musk aims for Tesla to launch a new compact SUV, perfect autonomous cars, and expand its energy business - all by 2020.
Here's what else Musk wants Tesla to accomplish by then.
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
- Which countries are most affected by severe seismic activity? New earthquake metric provides fresh perspective
- Exicom Tele-Systems to raise ₹429 cr via IPO; sets price band at ₹135-142/share
- Kawasaki Ninja 500 sports bike launched in India at ₹5.24 lakh
- Vodafone Idea board to meet on Feb 27 to consider fundraising proposal
- Stocks rebound: Sensex jumps over 500 points, Nifty hits fresh high