Tesla's massive batteries could power 50,000 homes in Australia - here are 15 other ways they're already being used
Tesla is preparing to launch its biggest battery project yet.Tesla CEO Elon Musk said Friday in Australia that it will use its giant battery, the Powerpack, to build a 100 MW battery system in South Australia. When it's completed, it will be the biggest battery storage project in the world.
Since acquiring SolarCity in November, Tesla has been doubling down on its renewable energy efforts.Tesla has been selling the Powerpack and its at-home battery, the Powerwall, since 2015. The company released upgraded versions of both the Powerwall and Powerpack and also unveiled its solar roof product. Tesla began accepting orders for the solar roof in March.
South Australia is far from the only place running on Tesla's giant commercial batteries. Here's a look at some of the biggest projects - from resorts to entire islands - that are currently using Tesla's Powerpacks to help keep the lights on:Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
- Top stocks to watch out for on March 9
- Maha Budget: Rs 12,500 cr package for health institutions
- For women, Maha Budget offers stamp duty concession, special SRPF battalion
- Jeff Bezos' ex-wife MacKenzie Scott - third richest women in the world gets married to a chemistry teacher
- Delhi govt's 'outcome budget' 2020-21: Most projects under Directorate of Education 'on track'