Tesla's veteran senior director of engineering is out
- A senior director of engineering at Tesla's Fremont, California, factory has left the company after six years.
- It is yet another in a string of high-level departures at the company over the last year.
Another senior director has left Tesla.Charles Mwangi, a senior director of engineering at Tesla's Fremont, California, factory, is leaving the company for a stealth startup. He announced his departure over LinkedIn, and called his experience at Tesla "one of the most enriching and fulfilling experiences" of his life.Advertisement
"To my Tesla colleagues. It is amazing how much progress we've made. It has been a grueling journey, but definitely one worth making. I will continue cheering you on from the sidelines. Your success is truly the World's success," he wrote.
Mwangi worked at both Nissan and Toyota before joining Tesla in 2012. He earned his Senior Director of Engineering title in August 2018, and was responsible for body manufacturing engineering, body equipment controls and maintenance engineering, stamping manufacturing and engineering, and Tesla Tool and Die.Mwangi's exit is yet another in a string of high-level departures for the company since September. In December Tesla investor relations director Aaron Chew left the company, following senior director of global sales, marketing, and delivery Dan Kim; head of global security Jeff Jones; senior director of production and quality Antoin Abou-Haydar; head of human resources Gabrielle Toledano; chief accountant Dave Morton; head of communications Sarah O'Brien (her departure was announced in August, but her final day at the company was September 7, according to Bloomberg); vice president of global supply management Liam O'Connor; vice president of worldwide finance and operations Justin McAnear; and legal vice president Phil Rothenberg.
(You can check out a comprehensive list of Tesla departures here.)Tesla had not yet responded to Business Insider's request for comment at the time of this post's publication.Have a Tesla news tip? Contact this reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org.Advertisement
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank is down nearly 5% as concerns over Clix Capital merger deepen
- Top stock movers — RIL, Future Group companies, VA Tech Wabag, PNB, HDFC, and more
- This gaming startup’s in-game brand placements is helping them win over both gamers and advertisers
- BharatPe’s strategy to ride on the back of IPL and Bollywood’s popularity
- Best table fans for home in India