Texas GOP Rep. apologizes for nude photo circulating online
- A nude photo circulated online of longtime Texas Rep. Joe Barton.
- Barton apologized for the photo, which was leaked by an anonymous account, saying it was from a consensual relationship with another woman.
Texas Rep. Joe Barton, a Republican, apologized after a nude photo of him began circulating on the internet this week.
"While separated from my second wife, prior to the divorce, I had sexual relationships with other mature adult women," Barton told the Texas Tribune. "Each was consensual. Those relationships have ended. I am sorry I did not use better judgment during those days. I am sorry that I let my constituents down."
Barton also hinted that he is reconsidering a reelection bid, but has not come to any decision.
"You're as aware of what was posted as I am," he said. "I am talking to a number of people, all of whom I have faith in and am deciding how to respond, quite frankly.
The image was posted along with a screenshot of a text message purportedly sent to the woman with whom Barton had a relationship. The Twitter account that posted the images claims to be being "harassed" by Barton and having additional, unreleased footage of him performing lewd acts, according to TMZ.
In Barton's home state of Texas, there are so-called "revenge porn" laws that punish individuals for leaking private photos. Those convicted of posting nude photos of others without their permission can face thousands of dollars in fines and up to a year in jail.
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- Indian stock indices steady ahead of Q3 GDP data release
- Indian-origin Sridhar Ramaswamy named CEO of data cloud firm Snowflake
- FDI inflows decline 13% to $32 billion in April-December 2023
- Deepveer announce pregnancy, baby to arrive in September
- GPT Healthcare shares debut with over 16% premium