The 13 best hotels in America in 2019
- Condé Nast Traveler recently released its 2019 Gold List ranking of the best hotels in the world.
- The editors selected the 78 best hotels around the world, which included the top 13 hotels in the US.
- Only three American cities had more than one hotel on the list: New York City, LA, and Chicago.
Condé Nast recently released its 2019 Gold List, in which the editors select the top hotels around the world. The list features 78 hotels, 13 of which are in the US.
The hotels cover a wide range of prices, starting in the mid-$100s for a night at The Robey in Chicago and all the way past $1,000 for a night at Amangiri in Utah.
Notably, several of these top-ranked hotels are repeatedly mentioned on lists of top hotels across the world; The Peninsula in Chicago and Four Seasons in Hualalai, for example, both also appeared on the US News & World Report's 2018 hotel ranking, as Business Insider previously reported.
If you're more interested in personalized experiences at smaller hotels, consider taking a look at the top 14 boutique hotels in the world, from a romantic retreat in South Africa to a private villa in Thailand.
Keep reading for a look at the best hotels in America. We also took a look at prices for rooms booked out one month in advance, and noted the starting rates.
The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, New York
The St. Regis New York
The Carlyle, New York
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Hawaii
Four Seasons Hotel at the Surf Club, Miami
Hotel Bel-Air, LA
Sunset Tower Hotel, LA
The Dewberry, Charleston
The Robey Chicago
The Peninsula Chicago
Farmhouse Inn Sonoma
Wynn Las Vegas
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- Cryptocurrency miners are taking a toll on power grids worldwide — Russia and Belarus join other countries look to separate them from other power users
- Surcharge on power bills of 30,000 consumers to be waived in Gurugram, say officials
- IEX, L&T Infotech, TTK Prestige and two other stocks that have ignored the market mood to hit a one-year high
- Bad loans of India's banks to rise to 8-9% this year, says CRISIL
- IIM-Ahmedabad incubator invests in an under-trial AI startup that can possibly predict cancer and lead to drug discovery