The 15 most powerful tech companies in America
Unsurprisingly, several tech companies topped the rankings. So we decided to sort them into a separate list to show which command the most power.
To determine each company's level of power, we factored together fiscal 2014 revenue, number of employees, press mentions on Google News over the past year, and social media influence, as ranked on a scale of 1 to 100 by Klout, a site that analyzes social-media influence of companies and individuals across all platforms. You can read the full methodology here.
E-commerce giant Amazon took the No. 1 spot on the list, followed by Microsoft at No. 2 and AT&T at No. 3. Interestingly, tech heavyweights Apple and Google missed the top three, but cinched the No. 4 and 6 spots, respectively.
Scroll down to see the top 15.
- Dispute over 9th century king Mihir Bhoj's legacy escalates in poll-bound MP
- 200mm fab capacity to reach record high due to automobile chip boom
- 'Tum Se Na Ho Payega' phrase existed before Gangs of Wasseypur: Nitesh Tiwary
- Indian govt introduces key amendments to cable TV network rules
- JioAirFiber could unlock a $7-10 billion revenue opportunity: Jefferies