The 18 best restaurants in the world where you don't need a reservation
- A shortlist of the best "no reservations required" restaurants around the world has been announced by The World Restaurant Awards.
- The list celebrates restaurants which allow diners to indulge their spontaneity.
- The winner of this and other categories will be announced at an awards ceremony in Paris on February 18.
While some people find restaurants with "no reservation" policies incredibly infuriating, others relish the opportunity to indulge their spontaneity.
If you're in the latter camp, you'll be pleased to know The World Restaurant Awards has released a longlist for the best "no reservations required" restaurants in the world, ranging from haute cuisine to informal dining on a budget.
The list was created by a gender-balanced judging panel of more than 100 experts representing 36 countries. Famous chefs on the panel, which also featured journalists and industry influencers, included Clare Smyth, David Chang, Yotam Ottolenghi, René Redzepi, Hélène Darroze, and Massimo Bottura.
The winners of all categories - including the best, most remote under-the-radar restaurants around the world - will be announced at the World Restaurant Awards ceremony in Paris on February 18.
Scroll down to see the 18 best restaurants around the globe - in no particular order - where you can get in without a booking.
Aje Kiyacho Donguri — Kyoto, Japan
Baest — Copenhagen, Denmark
Black Axe Mangal — London, UK
Bombay Canteen — Mumbai, India
Brown Sugar Kitchen — San Francisco, US
Burnt Ends — Singapore
Clamato — Paris, France
Delifucious — Tokyo, Japan
Double Dragon — Paris, France
Kiln — London, UK
La Cova Fumada — Barcelona, Spain
Mocotó — Sao Paolo, Brazil
Okra — Hong Kong
Parks BBQ — Los Angeles, US
Retrobottega — Rome, Italy
The Anchorage — Greenville, US
Wildair — New York, US
Yakiniku Yuji — Tokyo, Japan
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- All 81 movies based on Marvel comics, ranked according to critics
- EY and Deloitte are scrutinizing staff workloads and quietly letting some workers go, report says
- Bad air might indirectly be a major culprit behind suicide-related spike, Chinese study finds
- ABB India shares zoom over 9% after earnings announcement
- Jungle Ventures infuses another $20 mn in Indian ice cream brand Walko Food
- Fintech personal loans log 62% of sanction volumes in FY24 first half in India: FACE report
- Byju's rights issue to raise $200 million fully subscribed