The 25 US cities where single people are most likely to own their homes
- In US cities like Philadelphia and San Jose, it's common for single people to own their own houses.
- SmartAsset looked at the 100 biggest cities and ranked them by their rate of single homeownership.
- Most of the cities were in the West, but the top two cities were both in Virginia.
But in some American cities, single people can dream bigger. In fact, there are a decent amount of US cities where it's actually the norm for single people to own a house, according to personal finance company SmartAsset.
When you think of single life in the city, it may conjure up memories of crowded four-person apartments or, if you're lucky, a shoebox-sized studio.
The West dominated the list, with the region providing seven of the top 10 cities. Virginia, however claimed the top two cities on the list. Among all the top 25 cities, SmartAsset identified two key trends: cities with large senior and retiree populations tended to place well, as did cities with low median home values.Read on to see the 25 cities in America where singles have the highest homeownership rate:
25. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
24. Lexington, Kentucky
23. Boise, Idaho
22. Louisville, Kentucky
21. Colorado Springs, Colorado
20. Winston-Salem, North Carolina
19. Wichita, Kansas
18. Spokane, Washington
17. El Paso, Texas
16. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
15. San Jose, California
14. Anchorage, Alaska
13. St. Petersburg, Florida
12. Jacksonville, Florida
11. Des Moines, Iowa
10. Albuquerque, New Mexico
9. Bakersfield, California
8. Mesa, Arizona
7. Fort Wayne, Indiana
6. Scottsdale, Arizona
5. Henderson, Nevada
4. Chandler, Arizona
3. Aurora, Colorado
2. Virginia Beach, Virginia
1. Chesapeake, Virginia
- Petrol pumps closed in Rajasthan as dealers demand rollback of VAT on fuel
- Google blocks terms associated with hate speech from being used as ad keywords on YouTube
- Mountains, rivers, trout and toddy — Manali offers you all these and more
- E-commerce and digitisation to accelerate India's auto sector growth, says report
- Punjab left with only five days stock of COVID-19 vaccine, says Amarinder Singh