The 29-year-old founder of 'Hater,' one of the hottest new dating apps, says he's gotten death threats after a big marketing stunt in New York City
Brendan Alper's mom isn't very happy with him right now.
The 29-year-old founder of Hater, a dating app that connects people based on mutual dislikes, recently took something of a risk: His company created an image of Russian President Vladimir Putin caressing a pregnant Donald Trump and projected it on buildings throughout New York City.
The advertisement got some laughs, but it also inspired internet backlash. Alper has a handful of death threats sitting in his Facebook inbox, and has decided against heading to an upcoming tech conference in Moscow, Russia.
But Alper mostly laughs off the internet backlash and the concerns that Russia might be displeased with his company's handiwork.
After all, stirring the pot and sparking conversation is the whole point of Hater.
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states
- Sunil Kanugolu: The poll strategist behind Congress' win in Telangana
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP