The 7 most romantic places in the world, according to Hollywood movies - from Manhattan to Berlin
- GoCompare.com compiled a list of the most filmed locations in romantic movies, using data from IMDB.
- The data limited the movies to the last 20 years, and only included movies filmed on location.
With Valentine's Day (and unfortunately a new "Fifty Shades" movie) upon us, love is in the air. But there are some cities where it seems to be more prevalent than others, at least according to Hollywood movies.
Insurance site GoCompare.com crunched data to determine the most filmed locations for movie romances, based on IMDB data from over 340,000 movies. The company developed a platform that restricted the data to movies from the last 20 years, and included only movies filmed on location.
There are a few caveats with the data. While the IMDB data was fairly comprehensive for Hollywood movies, it often was missing information about Bollywood films, especially in terms of on-location filming. So Mumbai is probably undercounted (it comes it at No. 6).
That said, it's still interesting to see the cities moviemakers think are full of love.
Here are the top 7 places:
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future
- South Korea’s crypto regulations are tightening around investors and exchanges alike