The 7 most romantic places in the world, according to Hollywood movies - from Manhattan to Berlin
- GoCompare.com compiled a list of the most filmed locations in romantic movies, using data from IMDB.
- The data limited the movies to the last 20 years, and only included movies filmed on location.
With Valentine's Day (and unfortunately a new "Fifty Shades" movie) upon us, love is in the air. But there are some cities where it seems to be more prevalent than others, at least according to Hollywood movies.
Insurance site GoCompare.com crunched data to determine the most filmed locations for movie romances, based on IMDB data from over 340,000 movies. The company developed a platform that restricted the data to movies from the last 20 years, and included only movies filmed on location.
There are a few caveats with the data. While the IMDB data was fairly comprehensive for Hollywood movies, it often was missing information about Bollywood films, especially in terms of on-location filming. So Mumbai is probably undercounted (it comes it at No. 6).
That said, it's still interesting to see the cities moviemakers think are full of love.
Here are the top 7 places:
- Apricots: A nutrient-packed fruit for health and culinary delights
- Startup funding hits a 5-year low in July-September quarter
- Mobile phone exports from India cross Rs 45,000 cr in April-Aug period, Apple leads
- Twinkle, Akshay pose with UK PM Rishi Sunak in London
- Troubles mount for Indian airlines, even in good times