The best charcoal grills you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Charcoal grills sear meat and veggies to perfection and fill food with that perfect smokey flavor.
- Of all the grills we researched, the Weber Original Kettle 22-inch grill stands out because of its classic design and excellent price point.
When purchasing a high-tech device like a smartphone or DSLR camera, you understand the importance of picking out and comparing the slight nuances between these devices. After all, it's those minuscule differences that set apart these complex devices.
When purchasing a low-tech device like a charcoal grill, though, you may be tempted to just pick any model. After all, even the best charcoal grills don't have computer chips or touchscreens. Heck, the concept of grilling dates back over many thousands of years ago. We can duplicate that process with just any old grill, right?
Sure, any grill can cook meat, but there are significant differences between charcoal grills that clearly set them apart from each other. And, charcoal grilling is different from other types of outdoor cooking, like gas grilling and smoking (more on this below). Your grill plays a key role in just how you can cook your meat and vegetables. Precise grilling requires the right grill or your expensive steaks will just end up looking like they were grilled by a caveman. That's why we've done the research to find the best charcoal grills you can buy.
Here are the best charcoal grills you can buy in 2019:
- Best overall: Weber Original Kettle 22-Inch
- Best grill with a smoker: Char-Griller Akorn Kamado Kooker
- Best high-end grill: Broil King Keg 5000
- Best portable grill: Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman's Grill
- Best big grill: Char-Broil American Gourmet 840
- Best charcoal and gas grill: Char-Griller Double Play 3 Burner Gas and Charcoal Grill
- Best single-use, disposable, eco-friendly grill: CasusGrill Instant Biodegradable Grill
Updated on 04/30/2019 by Les Shu: Updated links, formatting, and prices.
Keep scrolling to read more about our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best grill overall
The best charcoal grill with a smoker
The best high-end charcoal grill
The best portable charcoal grill
The best big charcoal grill
The best charcoal and gas grill combo
The best single-use disposable grill
Everything you need to know about charcoal grills
Check out our other great grilling gear guides
- How to use the realistic crying face filter on Snapchat
- Elon Musk praised Netflix for telling employees to quit if they couldn't work on content they disagreed with. He previously bashed the platform as having a 'woke mind virus.'
- The Terra LUNA crypto crash has sparked the debate on ‘true’ decentralisation
- Apple is reportedly testing color e-ink displays for foldable devices
- Kerala to turn its old low-floor buses into classrooms instead of scrapping them
- Most companies prefer their employees back to offices but are giving them the choice
- Tamil magazine editor S. Gurumurthy 'pressurised' to take up RBI Board position
- Rupee touches yet another all-time low of 77.69 per USD as it falls 14 paise