The best medicated cat shampoo you can buy
- Medicated cat shampoo needs prolonged contact with the skin to provide the maximum benefit.
- It may be tricky getting your cat to stay in the tub for 10 minutes, but giving the shampoo time to soak in will provide your cat with relief from irritating symptoms like itching and inflammation.
- With powerful active ingredients like chlorhexidine and climbazole, our top pick for the best medicated shampoo for cats is Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo.
- In addition to soothing itching, irritation, and dryness, this shampoo tackles bacterial and fungal skin infections and protects the skin against moisture loss.
The average cat spends about half of his waking hours grooming himself. Not only does grooming remove dirt, dust, and other debris from the cat's coat, but it also helps distribute the natural oils secreted by the skin to keep the cat's coat shiny and soft. Because cats spend so much of their time grooming, it hardly seems necessary to bathe a cat. There are, however, times when your cat can benefit from a good bath.
Your cat probably doesn't need shampoo and conditioner to keep his coat clean, but there are certain skin issues best treated with medicated shampoo. Medicated shampoo for cats can be used to treat bacterial skin infections, yeast infections, and other issues like skin allergies and dandruff.
If your cat is suffering from one of these skin conditions, talk to your veterinarian about the best medicated shampoo to treat the problem at hand.
If you've never bathed your cat before, you may be wondering where to even start looking for an everyday cat shampoo, let alone a medicated formula. Shampoo for cats is easy to find online, but the sheer volume of options can make it difficult to choose. Lucky for you, we've done the research to bring you our top picks for the best medicated shampoo for cats in different categories.
Here is the best medicated cat shampoo you can buy in 2019:
- Best cat shampoo overall: Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo for Dogs & Cats
- Best cat shampoo for skin allergies: Earthbath All Natural Oatmeal & Aloe Shampoo
- Best cat shampoo for bacterial skin infections: PetMD Benzoyl Peroxide Medicated Shampoo
- Best cat shampoo for fungal infections: Curaseb Chlorhexidine Medicated Shampoo
- Best cat shampoo for fleas and ticks: Adams Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo with Precor
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best overall
The best for skin allergies
The best for bacterial skin infections
The best for yeast infections
The best for fleas and ticks
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again