The best medicated shampoos for dogs you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Your dog's skin is very delicate and susceptible to dryness and damage from any number of causes including insect pests, bacteria, yeast, and fungus.
- A medicated shampoo may be the ideal solution for your dog's skin problems, but you need to identify the underlying condition first so you can choose the right shampoo.
- Made with powerful active ingredients like salicylic acid and micronized sulfur with the addition of natural moisturizers, this Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic and Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo quickly relieves itching and irritation associated with a wide variety of skin problems.
Whether your dog has developed an allergy, a bacterial skin infection, or a case of seborrhea, medicated dog shampoo may be the solution to the problem. There are a wide variety on the market designed to treat everything from dry, itchy skin caused by allergies or seborrheic skin conditions, to fungal, bacterial, and yeast infections. The key is determining the underlying cause for your dog's skin problems and choosing the right medicated shampoo for the job.
There are countless dog shampoos on the market, but we've done the research to determine the best medicated dog shampoo. Remember, you'll need to consult your veterinarian to identify the cause of your dog's skin problems, but then you can choose a medicated dog shampoo formulated for that particular problem. Here's a quick look at our top-five picks for the best medicated shampoo for dogs.
Here are our top picks for the best medicated shampoo for dogs in 2019:
- Best overall: Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic and Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo
- Best for skin allergies: Vet's Best Allergy Itch Relief Dog Shampoo
- Best bacterial infection: Douxo Chlorhexidine Shampoo
- Best yeast infection: Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic and Antifungal Shampoo
- Best mange: Davis Benzoyl Peroxide Medicated Shampoo
Keep scrolling to read more details about our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best medicated dog shampoo overall
The best medicated dog shampoo for skin allergiesAdvertisement
The best medicated dog shampoo for bacterial infection
The best medicated dog shampoo for yeast infectionAdvertisement
The best medicated dog shampoo for mange
- UK bans Huawei from future 5G network
- Google Cloud's Confidential Computing encrypts customer data in-use
- Spotify’s new feature wants to point Indians to the ‘top’ and ‘trending’ podcasts in India
- Bihar’s 15-days lockdown: What’s allowed and What’s not
- Barbeque Nation IPO must be priced the same way as its menu—value for money