The best toothpaste for sensitive teeth
- Don't let tooth sensitivity make that hot cup of coffee or cold glass of water a misery to drink. You can treat your pain with a great toothpaste for sensitive teeth.
- Our top pick is Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief Enamel Repair Toothpaste because it treats the pain and helps to repair enamel damage.
I've dealt with sensitive teeth for much of my adult life, but I can usually get my tooth pain under control by using a toothpaste that's designed for sensitive teeth for a few weeks. These specialty toothpastes can make a huge difference in how your teeth react to extreme temperatures, which is why we've rounded up the best ones you can buy to treat your sensitive teeth.
Tooth sensitivity is usually a symptom of an underlying issue like weakened enamel, recessed gums, or cavities. So using a toothpaste for sensitive teeth is a great idea to treat the pain, but if that pain is severe, recurring, or it persists even after weeks of using these products, then you need to head to the dentist.That said, some people just have sensitive teeth. If your teeth are prone to pain when you eat or drink hot or cold substances, or even when you suck in a breath of air on a chilly day, but you don't have actual cavities, then a sensitivity toothpaste that fills in the microscopic gaps in your enamel might be all you need. If you have areas of reduced enamel thickness, then sensitivity toothpaste with fluoride can help.
Here are the best toothpastes for sensitive teeth in 2019:
- Best toothpaste for sensitive teeth overall: Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief Enamel Repair Toothpaste
- Best whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth: Sensodyne Extra Whitening Sensitivity Toothpaste
- Best toothpaste for weak enamel: Squigle Tooth Builder Sensitive Toothpaste
- Best natural toothpaste for sensitive teeth: Tom's of Maine Fluoride-Free Natural Sensitive Toothpaste
- Best charcoal toothpaste for sensitive teeth: Dental Expert Active Whitening Charcoal Toothpaste
Updated on 05/28/2019 by Malarie Gokey: Updated prices and formatting. Added a new charcoal pick.
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best overall
The best for whitening
The best for weak enamel
The best natural toothpaste
The best with charcoal
Check out our other great oral health product guides
- Google photos will charge $1.99 per month for 100 GB storage from June 1
- Best smartphones under ₹10,000 in India
- Tamil Nadu government to bear all expenses of COVID patients in private hospitals
- CoWin portal to make 4-digit security code mandatory from May 8