The Best View Yet Of Apple's New 'Spaceship' Headquarters That's Beginning To Take Shape
City of CupertinoConstruction is well underway for Apple's circular new "Spaceship" campus, and a new aerial photo gives us our best view yet of its progress.
The futuristic campus is designed by Norman Foster's firm, Foster + Partners, and will feature curved glass panels, an underground parking lot, a private auditorium for keynotes and product launches, and a 360-degree view of nature.
A recent high-resolution photo showing a detailed aerial view of the campus was uploaded to the City of Cupertino's official website, according to 9to5Mac, and it shows off a new angle of the campus and a look at some of the trees that could end up becoming a privacy hedge.
Here's the picture.
While there's still a ways to go before Apple's new campus starts to look like the concept renderings we've seen before, a fair amount of progress has been made since construction began, which you can see below.
City of Cupertino
Work on Apple's new headquarters is slated to conclude in 2016, and you can see a full timeline of its construction over at the official Cupertino website.
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer