The biggest company in almost every US state, in one map
- Most US states are home to at least one Fortune 1000 company.
- Business Insider mapped out the biggest company by revenue headquartered in each state from Fortune's 2017 list.
America's biggest companies aren't just concentrated along the coasts.
Every year, Fortune releases its list of the 1,000 biggest companies in the US by revenue. Business Insider looked at the top company from the 2017 list headquartered in every US state. You can check out our full list here.
Household names like Apple, Amazon, and General Electric made the list, as well as some potentially more obscure companies like paper manufacturer Domtar in South Carolina and oil and gas driller MDU Resources Group in North Dakota.
Seven states had no companies in the top 1,000, and were omitted from this list: Alaska, Maine, Montana, New Mexico, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
This map shows the biggest Fortune 1000 company headquartered in each state:
- Google just developed an AI model that creates music from text prompts — but the company won't be releasing it anytime soon
- Mark Zuckerberg reportedly said he doesn't like seeing 'managers managing managers,' fueling speculation of more layoffs
- ChatGPT creator OpenAI might be training its AI technology to replace some software engineers, report says
- Study find out the potential cause of dementia
- Odisha Health Minister shot at by police officer
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal